Among all the beauty pageants held in Nepal, Miss Nepal holds a prominent position and is the most popular one. Unlike previous Miss Nepal events, this one was held successfully without any protests from Maoists or some women communities. The event which usually used to take place at Birendra Convention centre was held this time at Army Officer’s Club at Bhadrakali, Kathmandu. Among eighteen contestants that made it to the finale of the competition, Sadichha Shrestha grabbed the title for this year’s Miss Nepal.
The title of Miss Nepal also included cash prize of Rs 50,000 and a QQ3 Chery car and now Shrestha will be representing Nepal in the Miss World pageant to be held in Sanya, China. Along with that Sadichha Shrestha become the brand ambassador of Nepal Tourism Year 2011 and World Wildlife Fund Nepal’s conservation ambassador simply winning the title. She also took some other titles of Miss Nepal – Miss Photogenic, Miss Smart Walk and Miss Personality.
Sahana Bajracharya and Sanyukta Timalsena became the first runners up and second runners up respectively. Here’s a complete List of the other titles winner of the pageant.
Title award winners
- Dabur Vatika Miss Beautiful Hair – Sujata Swar
- Blay Miss Photogenic – Sadichha Shrestha
- Dabur Red Miss Beautiful Smile – Anita Acharya
- Safety Miss Smart Walk – Sadichha Shrestha
- Orbit Miss Personality – Sadichha Shrestha
- Fem Miss Beautiful Complexion – Priya Rani Lama
- Ganapati Miss Friendship – Chandani Dewaju
- Real Miss Talent – Kusumanjali KC
- Hidden Treasure Miss Public Choice – Sanyukta Timalsena
*Title awards carry a cash prize of Rs 10,000 each
Here’s the Gallery from Miss Nepal Website.
Watch the Short Video of Miss Nepal 2010 below.
Miss Nepal Winners earn a great fame overnight and along with the fame comes the responsibility. I am not sure how important it is to hand the brand ambassador responsibilities to the winner and if they can handle that properly though. What do you think?
Images: Miss Nepal Official Website