The Hidden Treasure, the company behind Miss Nepal is inviting applications for Miss Nepal 2011, one of the most popular beauty contests in the country. Indeed it’s time for a star to shine again!
With a poster note “A Crowning moment that will define your future and will give you the opportunity to shine for your nation. Glamour and grace, stardom and responsibility. Do you have it in you? Entry Open!” and the beautiful Sadichha Shrestha, Miss Nepal 2010 in background, Miss Nepal 2011 applications have made open on its official website. Interested ones can download the form and send it via email or by post.
Here are the prerequisites and process for the application form.
Prerequisites For Miss Nepal
- The applicant should be an unmarried female Nepali citizen.
- Age should be between 19- 25 years (as on August 03, 2011).
- Minimum academic qualification should be 10+2 or equivalent.
- Minimum height must be 5 ft 4 inches.
- Applicant should be attractive, possess sound health and have good moral character.
Process For Miss Nepal
- Fill in the above form in full and submit one full length and one close- up minimum (5”x7”) sized photograph.
- The application form and the photograph along with photocopies of citizenship and academic certificates should be placed in a sealed envelope and sent it to The Hidden Treasure office or sent it by email with attachment of required documents latest by 6 pm August 03, 2011 (Shrawan 18, 2068)
- Only selected candidates will be notified.
And unlike previous year titles, this year it’s going to be Lux Miss Nepal 2011.
From Dabur Miss Nepal to Lux Miss Nepal?
Interestingly, there’s a slight change in the title of Miss Nepal this year. Dabur Nepal, one of the main sponsors behind Miss Nepal since 2003 has now parted ways after being in controversy for last few years. The contest is now being sponsored by another Indian subsidiary, “Nepal Unilever” and thus comes the title from one of its products – “Lux” Miss Nepal 2011.
Miss Nepal has been an important beauty pageant in the country and serves as a gateway to international pageants like Miss World, Miss Earth and Miss International. Sadichha Shrestha and Zenisha Moktan are fomer Miss Nepal of year 2010 and 2009 respectively. The Maoist women’s organisation in 2008 had obstructed the event by protesting against it. Hopefully “The Hidden Treasure”, the event management company that holds the franchise for Miss Nepal in the country will be successful in holding this event.
Best of Luck Girls!