A 6.8 magnitude earthquake has been experienced in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other parts of the country. The earthquake occurred around 6.25 pm (this evening) and its reported that at least five people have been killed and several others have been injured. The epicentre of the earthquake is said to be somewhere along the Indo-Nepal border. Reported till now is of Magnitude
4.8 6.8 in SIKKIM, INDIA. Kathmandu, however experienced magnitude 6.8 on Richter Scale Earthquake.
The National Seismologic Centre (NSC) in Kathmandu said that the quake was measured 6.8 on the Richter scale with its epicentre in the border region of Taplejung of Nepal and Sikkim of India.
The earthquake lasted for few seconds and people in Kathmandu are already full of panic.
We are following tweets to report damages and injuiries.
- It has been reported that three persons have been injured as the wall of the British embassy to Nepal crumbled in Lainchaur.
- According to Metropolitan police in Kathmandu, three persons (two adults and a child), were killed in the earthquake. They were killed when a compound wall fell on the car they were traveling at Laichchaur, Kathmandu.
- Those killed have been identified as Sajan Shrestha, 36, and his eight-year-old daughter Anisha of Gorkha and one other man Bir Bahadur Majhi, according to police inspector Dan Bahadur Thapa, chief of Metropolitan Police Range, Sohrakhutte.
- TV channels reported two persons were killed in Dharan. 20-year-old Santosh Pariyar and his six-year-old Kamal Pariyar died when the wall of their house collapsed, District Police Office Sunsari informed.
- The Home Ministry came up with a statement saying the earthquake destroyed around 58 houses across the nation with 10 in the capital.
We are following tweets talking about Earthquake in Nepal
Do share if you have something to say about the earthquake in comments below! Stay Safe everyone!!